EDITING SERVICES FEES
Initial consultation is always free.
$50/hour for writing; $35/hour for interviewing. A maximum fee may be negotiated.
- Evaluation of your writing style and voice (25 page submission): $75
- More extensive evaluation: $125
- Full evaluation fee is based on a $40 hourly rate
- Developmental: $50/hour
- Substantive: $50/hour
- Copy/line editing: $50/hour
Total fees vary between projects, depending upon the amount of work that needs to be done. For example, the fee for light copy or line editing of an 80,000 word, 320 page manuscript would be about $1,280; about $2,560 for heavy copyediting. Proofreading of a fairly clean 320 page manuscript would cost about $800; about $1,250 for an error-laden manuscript.
EXAMPLES OF MOST RECENT WORK
DESIGN SERVICE FEES
COVER/JACKET (COLOR OR B&W)
With art provided $250.00
Without art provided $350.00
Initial consultation (up to 1 hour) Free.
BOOK INTERIOR *
LEVEL 1 - $2.00/per page
- Straight copy
- Conventional front/back matter
- Layout for print or ebook
Additional e-layout $50.00
* Minimum Book Design fee: $200
LEVEL 2 - $3.00/per page
- Straight copy plus graphic elements (photos; figures such as graphs, charts, etc; sidebars, quote boxes, etc.),
- Poetry, Children’s Picture Book
Additional e-layout $75.00.
LEVEL 3 - $4.00/per page
- Academic works (includes annotation, citation, index, graphic elements, etc)
- Specialty books such as cookbooks
Additional e-layout $150.00.
Self-publishing services are negotiated directly with the graphics team.